Thursday, February 17, 2005

Ok, I think I'm going to give this blogger thing a shot instead of using drupal which I have on my site. The comments section gets hit with spam so bad you have to restrict who can post, and it's just not worth it.

Anyway, onto my life.
For those of you close to me, you know I've been going through a little trouble lately with my neck. They finally did an MRI last night. That was quite the chore. Needless to say my body got a little crazy when they put me in the tunnel so I had to be semi-sedated with 20mg of valium so I wouldn't go crazy. Makes me feel like such a wuss....but it's all subconcious. I wasn't scared of the thing, but being scared of the outcome might be something different. Now it's a waiting game to see what the test results are.

Onto more exciting stuff, well, sort of. I've been presented with a job request from the board that is in a high security area. I'm open to praying about it, just like I should be. Jerry Rankin made a statement a few days ago in his message that made me thing. When you enlist in the armed services, you don't really tell them where you want to go. You don't really have a choice. Maybe we should view overseas work the same way. Of course, I have medical things to think about, but that shouldn't be a something that stops me from being open about praying. Like I told someone at the board today. I have a preference not to go somewhere cold, but that preferrence means squat if God calls me to go somewhere like that. It's not my feelings or desires that matter, and at least I have a firm grasp on that much of it. To say it as softly as I think I can, I wish that being willing and feeling like you are called was enough, but sometimes it isn't. On top of it all, I know that all of this is out of my hands. God's much bigger than me and the idea that it is in His hands makes me feel better than I would if it was just up to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home