Sunday, February 27, 2005

Here I sit at t-minus 10 minutes until midnight, and I'm stressing over this mid-term I have in systematic tomorrow. The class is interesting, and I enjoy the lectures but there's a bit more to it than that. The terminology that is used seems to be to think of the biggest words and hardest ways to define something and lets write it out that way. This seems to be the theme of several of the theology classes I've been in. My take on it is as follows:
We already know that we are not going to understand the reason God does things the way he has chosen, and we know that the Bible is suppose to be something we can understand. So why do some people have to make it difficult by putting in man-made formulas and definitions applied to much simpler teachings. I guess this goes along with my struggle with studying the word as hard as I know I should be, but it doesn't take away from the fact that sometimes people lose their initial goal upon their way of becomming a scholar. I don't want to lose my way, unless that be God's will, because I want my words and actions to tell of a Lord that loves them and cares for them in a way they will understand. I can understand the word Trinity being used even though it was never used in scripture, but words like Theophany(which means God appearing in visible form).....I think we can just say God was visible, without ever needing to know that word.
Well...that's just my .02 from a body filled up with Green Tea and popcorn. Listening to some great study music by Deep Forest. Who knows, maybe I'll learn something new tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home