Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Reflections on a Semester

Well, finals are winding down. I have my last one tomorrow in Worship. It is crazy how a class can have so much busywork. This class has had more work than any other class I've had at seminary. Kind of makes it a chore and very hard to enjoy, but I guess that is not its purpose. Anyway, I'm taking one thing from this class. I hope I can keep it because it is a good one. Maybe even Piper said it, and while I'm not as into his books as some are, but we had to read Desiring God for this class. We are to "glorify God and enjoy Him forever." This also came up in Systematic Theology class.
What does it mean to glorify God, sometimes that is not so easy to do. Turning in assignments late or slacking off on something surely doesn't glorify God. My bad..cause I am the world's worst at that kind of stuff. We are humans though, and that's where the grace comes in. That's something else I'll address, because sometimes I fail to realize that Christ is a Christ of faith and a Christ of History. All too often, I fall too much on the faith side of things and forget about what has happened in the past.
Anyway, God is good, even when I am not and that's pretty cool. I'm flying out to Florida on Thursday to see my little bro march at Disney World. Should have some pictures from the trip up next week. Until next time, let's try to glorify God in all that we do, and definitely enjoy Him forever!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home