Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Update

It's been a while since I posted anything semi-serious or life related on my blog, so I think the time has come for that to happen. The last few days have been interesting, not only because one possible career path has been eliminated, but because several others have come into doubt at least for now. One of my biggest struggles outside of being single and wondering when God was going to place someone in my life for more than a week, has been what would happen to me after December (when I should graduate from seminary.) Up until now there was a remote possibility that God would open the door for me to stay in my current capacity and serve Him that way, but for now that has been removed. Not the function, but the location so whether or not I could do the something similar somewhere else is a whole different question. Anyway, onto one of the biggest questions that I've been pondering and praying over for quite some time. I'm not sure if God has called me to serve overseas, but I do have a heart for the nations. Up until now I have thought that the prospect of going overseas after graduation held the most promise, but the last few days I've felt differently for the first time. I don't know that I'm ready. Actually, today, I don't think I am ready. That doesn't mean that it won't change in a week or two months, but right now I just don't think that's where my focus should be. I won't go into all the factors, but the peace isn't there and I'm not going to force it. There are areas in my life that the Lord is working on, and He will continue to work on them until I submit fully. This isn't discounting how the Lord will work and how things will change, but as far as where my thoughts and prayers should be targeted currently there is realignment of priorities I guess.
Another big issue is that of looking at other churches. Currently I've been attending a church plant that I am really enjoying, but others have raised doctrinal questions that I have to answer for myself through scripture. The reason for looking at other churches won't be addressed, but it can be summed up in that it's what I feel like I should do right now. I totally solicit your prayers on these matters because it has to be a God thing and not a me thing.
So after all that chatter, I guess I could sum it up for you. I wish it was so cut and dry that I could just say that in December I will take a church job or a secular job. I have no clue what the Lord has in store for me, but as I grow closer I pray that I won't worry and that I will submit to His will. I wish it was easier, but right now I feel like I am suppose to use my gifts and talents for His Kingdom. To me that means using web design. I don't know what that will look like. I don't even know if I'm mistaken in thinking that way, but I do know that is the clearest path that I can see right now. Please pray for me. Pray that it won't be about Jason or what I think I can do best or even do at all. Pray that I will submit to what He wants me to do regardless of whether or not I think I'm good enough or able to do it.
Sorry for being so long, but I had a few things I wanted to put out there.

4 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dearest brother,
I will certainly be praying for you as you wrestle with these thoughts and decisions. I understand where you are coming from and find myself there more often than I would like. I know you know this, but let me put these two cents in....who cares what doctrinal issue someone found out about your church. As long as it isn't against the gospel of Christ then it shouldn't matter. I really think that people, especially at seminary, get caught up on issues that are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. That is one thing that I do not miss! I am glad that you are going to reason it out with Scripture yourself but don't let it weigh you down. I've found that is a quick way for the enemy to steal your joy.

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger Ginny said...

I'm praying for you too, Jason, specifically that God would give you clear discernment and direction with the next fork in the road. (I say, "Take it!")
Hugs to you. :)

 
At 3:40 AM, Blogger Ginny said...

OK...it's been a while, buddy. Time to updaaaate!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Ginny said...

Crider, update yo' freakin' blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home