Thursday, July 07, 2005

My Own Pride

I haven't ever posted lyrics to a song I wrote on here so I figured now was as good a time as any.
Maybe I'll post more here soon.

This song was written right before I came to Seminary.

My Own Pride
Verse 1
As I’m trying to discover my way
It’s always harder the very next day
And if I decide I’ll help you out
It never fails, I’m filled with doubt

It’s so hard for me to let go
To believe in things that I don’t know
If I give it all to you
I’m worried about what you might do

Bridge:
I guess it’s a little to easy to see
That I can’t be what you want from me
I try on my own and I always fall
And I’ll keep on falling till I give you my all

Chorus:
Take away my selfish pride
And find me when I try to hide
I long for the day when I doubt no more
And you get to see what your looking for

Verse 2:
I’m torn between easy and right
Sometimes I go for Christian lite
When I do I’m own my own
And once again I feel alone

Since sixteen, my thoughts have changed
And slowly my goals have been rearranged
I’m still trying to follow your call
And I long for the day when I don’t fall

3 Comments:

At 1:38 AM, Blogger Ginny said...

Too bad we can't hear it! :(

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger jason7655 said...

Yea..I'm not that daring. A few people have heard it. But i'm not about to let a copy of me singing get out on the internet. I'm not exactly American Idol quality :-) (humor intended but maybe not successful)

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Ginny said...

Humor successful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home